Many businesses find it challenging to evaluate and track cash flows, optimize performance, and reduce the possibility of default that will adversely impact the business. In search of an effective management plan, a continuous and proactive process of identifying risks and evaluating potential losses, birthed Kenya’s school of credit management.
Evaluation resolutely transverse. Performances brought together can save a business. That is why it is pertinent for us to evaluate and discuss everything you need to know about Kenya’s school of credit management.
About Kenya School of Credit Management
Accredited by the institute of Credit Management Kenya (ICM-K) is a Kenyan-based professional body teaching professionalism in credit management. They founded the institute on 8th June 2001 and registered under societies’ Act Cap 108 of the Laws of Kenya. A non-profit institution dedicated to teaching proactive measures of retrieving credit and affecting excellent principals in Credit Management.
Kenya School of Credit Management is a unique institution offering business career development and short courses in credit management. Examinations are administered by KASNEB, a recognized examination body in Kenya. They are registered with the Ministry of education and the Directorate of Industrial Training for proper tutoring.
In the past years, they have established itself as one pioneer and leading training institutions offering credit/debt management. Also in 2013, the Kenya School of Credit Management brought Gretsa University on their platform to examine certificates/diploma courses in credit management.
Who are Kenya School of Credit Management?
They are an institution set up in 2001 that specializes in teaching and training people to gain professional qualifications in Credit Management. Mr. Patrick K. Kairu, the director of Studies, started the school in 2001 after his retirement. The school renders short courses in credit/debt management and good consultancy training. They registered the school as a limited company.
What is Credit Management?
Credit Management involves having competencies in developing credit policy, performing marketing and sales function which typically aids in business growth. It also means proper invoicing of products and servicing orders, monitoring business performance and managing debt collection and recovery.
To evaluate credit portfolios leading to credit management, performance, management of credit risk and compliance management information they must put systems in place. Credit management includes all you need to do to avoid business insolvencies and bankruptcy when credits are not paid back.
Courses offered at Kenya School Of Credit Management
There are different courses offered at Kenya school of credit management. The exams are administered by KASNEB. In addition, the college partners with Gretsa University to offer some programs like:
- Diploma Courses – Diploma in credit Management
- Degree Courses- Bachelor of Commerce-Credit Management option
- Certificate in Credit Management- Credit management, certificate in credit management, credit management executive program, and certified credit professionals.
In essence, Kenya School Of Credit Management offers short courses, professional courses, certificate, diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Requirements for diploma courses
- KCSE- minimum grade C- or a certificate course in credit management
- Photographs in 3 PP size
- Valid copy of your ID
- Copy of your certificates
- Fees of Kshs. 36,000 per semester (all-inclusive)
- The course can be done through distance learning or from the comfort of your home.
Requirements for certificate courses
- KCSE- minimum grade D+ or Foundations course in credit management
- 3 PP size photographs
- National ID
- Present a copy of your certificates
- Fess Kshs. 36,000 first a duration of 3months
Contributions of a credit management professional to an organization
- Enhances quality credit customer
- Proper use of credit as a marketing tool
- Smooth and rapid increase in cash flow
- Diverse means of cash flow leading to an increase in sales/ Profit
- Reduction of bad debts and other little owing
- Improve consistent relationships with credit customers
- Increases customers’ loyalty
The solution to cash flow problem and non-performing loans by Kenya school of credit management
- Employ qualified credit management professionals who have been trained
- Promote trained and certified professionals in credit management
- Support staff willing to develop a career in credit management and help them in all ways.
- Encourage attendance of stakeholders’ Workshop.
Future of Kenya school of credit management
- Producing more professionals in credit management thereby complementing its high demand.
- In future time, they will prepare and position professionals in credit management to handle the challenges that surround businesses and credit.
- Kenya School of Credit Management will continue to be the first accredited School by the Institute of Credit Management-Kenya. In future time, they will be held at high esteem in delivering the best service in credit management in Africa.
- Credit Management being a very important area in business today, Kenya School of credit management will continue to seek ways to boost credit management. They will go back to the drawing board to find out the root course of non-performing loans and work towards erasing it.
How to contact Kenya School of Credit Management
The followings are their contact details:
- Telephone: (+254) (020) 317872
- Others: (+254) (020) 212753
- Cell phone (+254) (0728621616
- E- mail address- firstname.lastname@example.org
- P. O. Box 54340 (00200)
To contact them via physical address, go to the 4th Floor, St. Georges House,
Parliament Road, Nairobi. Their office is opposite the professional centre.
With credit management, your business is sure to continue to exist in the future. Their graduates professionals steady employs one and lets him/her create the impact you need for your business growth.
You can also apply with them and get the knowledge to move your business forward and boost cash flow.