We will review best loan apps in Kenya 2022. The rise of Fintech companies in Kenya has changed the face of lending among industry operators. More people would opt for loans from the comfort of their homes as opposed to the traditional methods of other lending institutions.
Kenyans are becoming more addicted to instant loans that require no collateral at all. There are over 20 loan apps in Kenya for credible instant loans, however, here is a list of our top 5
What are loan apps?
Loan apps are mobile application softwares built by financial lenders for its customers for easy access to funds. Loan applications come in handy. Customers install it on their mobile phones for quick loan applications. Different loan platforms have a unique loan app peculiar to them alone.
Top 5 loan apps in Kenya 2022
Google play store hosts many applications that offer loans. However, we have good apps that offer immediate loans. We will bring five (5) of the best apps and discuss them.
Below is a summarized list of the best 5 loan apps in Kenya 2021. They are:
This loan app has built a name in Kenya. It offers quick loans and gives a minimum of Ksh 500 and a maximum of Ksh 1,000,000 to its customers. KCB M-Pesa was born from the partnership between M-Pesa and Kenya commercial bank. However, for one to qualify, you need to be an active Safaricom M-Pesa customer for at least 6 months.
Features of KCB M-Pesa App
- KCB M-Pesa has more than 1million downloads on play store.
- It has 36,182 reviews on play store
- 4.2 /5 ratings on Google play store
- Has 9.1MB Memory capacity
- The application is easy to operate
- A well-designed view clearly spelling out all functions of its products
- Has a unique and catchy colour
Tala loan was the first mobile application launched as Mkopo Rahisi, but currently known as Tala. It is a trusted loan app that has gained trust over the years. Customers get a minimum of Ksh 500 and a maximum of Ksh 50,000 with an interest rate of 15%. In addition, to be qualified, the Tala app needs you to have a smartphone with a good M-Pesa history.
Features of Tala loan app
- Quick communication to the server for easy operation and dispense of funds
- Ability to secure data and other personal information
- More than 5million downloads on Google play store
- A star rating of 4.5
- Has 405,478 review on Google play store
- Requires android version of 4.03+
- Nice colour combination that is dim and doesn’t affect the eye.
Branch loan is a financial institution in San Francisco with a branch office in Nairobi, Kenya. It started in 2017. Customers access loans from Ksh 1000 to an unknown maximum amount. More so, for one to qualify, you need to have a Facebook account with the same name as the one on your national ID card. You also need to be a registered M-Pesa user. Interest rates vary and depend on the amount and repayment duration.
Features of branch loan app
- Branch loan app has 321,038 reviews on Google play store
- The app is easy to operate and navigate through
- Has more than 10million downloads on play store
- 4.3 star ratings , which is good.
- An intuitive design for improved borrowing experience
- Showcases loan offer available to its customers
- Amazing view and different repayment options you can choose from.
Mshwari started in 2014 and offers its leading services through M-Pesa , in partnership with Commercial Bank of Africa (CBA). Customers can apply for loans of Ksh 100 to an unknown highest limit. It has a repayment duration of one month with an interest rate of 7.5%. Conclusively, Mshwari requires you become a Safaricom subscriber and have a registered M-Pesa line to qualify.
Features of Mshwari loan app
- Easy to use and navigate through.
- Fast in loading
- Reads phone data and keeps all data or information collected safe.
- Displays available loan limit
To qualify for Saida loan, customers need an active M-Pesa/Airtel money account. Once you install the app on your phone and you apply for a loan, the app reads and tracks all your call activities. They also track all your transactions to know if you can pay back the loan.
Features of Saida app
- 3.6 star ratings and 10,184 reviews on play store
- 500k downloads on Google play store
- 5.9MB memory capacity
- Easy to use and loan applications don’t take too long to get to the server.
- Offer other products, which are also easy to access.
How do I apply for a loan on any of the best 5 loan apps in Kenya 2022
The procedure for applying for a loan on any of the applications is basically the same in Kenya. Follow the steps below:
- Download the mobile application from their official website and Google play store. They host no app in Kenya on IOS for now except Zenka.
- After installing the application, launch it. Then register or create an account. Supply all necessary information. Also, note that registration procedure differs from one application to another.
- Based on the information supplied and the app reading your phone transactions, it determines your loan limit.
- Proceed to apply for the loan on the app. Choose or input your loan amount. Note: often, some loan application determines your loan amount and you can not access more than the displayed amount.
Important information you need to note before using a loan app for loan application
There are details you need to note before loan application. They are:
- The terms and conditions of the loan.
- The minimum and maximum amount of loan you qualify for
- The loan requirements and qualifications
- Loan term or period
- Repayment mode and duration
- Interest rates.
- Additional fees and other secret fees
How do I repay a loan on any of the best 5 loan apps in Kenya 2022
Loan repayment on any of the listed loan applications discussed in this article vary from lender to lender. But there are generic ways of loan repayments in Kenya. They are:
- Launching your M-Pesa account
- Choosing paybill option
- Entering your paybill number
- Choosing your phone number as your account number
- Entering the loan amount
- Inputting your M-Pesa pin
- Cross checking all details to make sure they are correct
- Pressing Ok
- Getting a confirmation or successful loan repayment message.
In a bid to ensure professionalism among digital lenders, the Central Bank of Kenya is moving to propose new laws to regulate activities of digital lenders. These loan apps have their advantages and disadvantages. However, some of them have gained enough goodwill in Kenya and you can always rely on them whenever you need funds.